Friday, June 01, 2007

ReDiscovered

Ok, so I pretty much had abandoned this blog because I didn't think anyone read it. But a friend sent me a message asking for it to be updated. I promise to update this site regularly if you promise to start leaving comments so I know you are reading it! If we've never met, PLEASE leave a comment! I would love to get to know you!!!

So here is this week's tip. This is something that has saved my sanity and kept me from tossing Chloe out the window. She has more energy than the average kid and it does get on my nerves at times. Energy doesn't just cease to be, it needs an outlet. So when I see Chloe on the verge of losing self control and going crazy, here is my new trick: I make Chloe sit down and fold her hands in front of her face. Then I tell her to focus on squeezing her hands as tight as she can. When she has done that, I tell her that while still holding her hands in front of her she is to focus on keeping her self control. Sounds crazy and sounds too easy to be true. I was skeptical at first. I mean, have you met my daughter? Or my husband? The time she spends squeezing her hands uses energy but also seems to calm her. The first 5 times we tried it we did it at home so that if it failed, no one was around to witness it. But it worked! Then I got really brave and tried it in public. Again, it worked! I don't know how long this will last, but until I find the next trick this one is a good one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Austin & Lindsay said...

I read this blog!! Sounds like a neat idea for Chloe! My question is, how do you get them to stop talking??? Reagan talks non-stop! And when she's not talking, she hums. Ahhhh! :) She reminds me of the donkey on Shrek.

6:11 PM  
Blogger The Gladney Family said...

I read this blog too. I'm glad you are back in action. I can't believe something like this works. It seems so simple. I'll have to give it a try.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home