Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Finally, a Solution!

It took a little time for Chloe to get use to it, but we found a solution for her to clean her room. She got to the point where she just didn't care if you took all her toys away. She was not going to clean her room. We put her on toy restriction and she had to ask for permission before she could get any toys out. But now we have a sticker chart. It took lots of explanation and some time to get the hang of it, but now it seems to be working. She gets a sticker everytime she picks up her toys. I made a chart and just numbered the squares. Every time she gets to the end of a row, there is a prize square. Some of the squares have candy taped to them and some are reserved for new Barbies or Polly Pockets. She even gets to choose which row she puts her stickers on. I don't know how long the chart will last but at least she is cleaning her room!

2 Comments:

Blogger Austin & Lindsay said...

That is a good idea! I've been reading some books that suggest sticker charts as a reward- seems like it's working good for you! I usually have to help Reagan p/u her toys and I try to make it a game. However, I can't really bend over and pick things up very well anymore! I need one of those things people use to p/u trash outside- claw type thing! My belly is getting big!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jeremy and Morgen said...

I use to help Chloe pick up her toys but then it became an issue. She wouldn't pick anything up unless I was picking something up. The game worked once, maybe twice but then she figured it out. The stickers are working so far. I am already thinking about new things for when stickers no longer fascinate her.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home